Saturday, December 25, 2004

And so this is Christmas..

Merry Christmas everyone!

I really can't believe that the year has gone so fast. But I suppose that happens every year.

For everyone who's been wondering, what exactly have I been doing this year, here it is..
For the first 6 months of the year, I was studying at TAFE (Adelaide) for the Diploma of Banking & Finance. I put that on hold because I was offered a reasonable paying job at Hitech Distribution.
For the next 3 months, I was working at Hitech full time, which allowed me to save quite a bit of money. Then they fired me.
Oh well. 'Major downturn in sales apparently'. No matter.

Within 2 weeks I had another full time job at Dick Smith on Pultney Street.
The money was shit compared to what I was getting at Hitech. No payed holidays. No sick leave. No free alcohol on Friday nights. And to top it all off I had to work 10x as hard.

That's about the whole year summed up.
Just incase anyone doesn't know, for the last 6 or 7 months I've been living with my lovely partner Sachiko :)

Anyway, tomorrow's the day.. It's all happening.
Unless I get hit by a car or something.

It's a moment I've always been waiting for. Being able to go to Japan, buy all the games I want and sleep on the floor of a 'geisen' (Arcade/Game Centre). But somehow I always thought I never would be able to.
Well 5 months of full time work and $2600 on a planet ticket later, and I'm off.

I gotta find a good way to upload photo's now.

Anyway, will update next in Hong Kong - If I can find time + computer :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

11 days since the last update, come now man, I'm sure you're having tons of fun and all, but at least take the time to rub our faces in it :P.

~Rurisu~

FROST_GIANT said...

Pics like that snow one you sent me and site would be "teh ossomo maximo". What you need to do is find some way of incorporating pics into the site as some kind of design or something.

Looks like you're having (admittedly apparently very cold) fun over there.

Now look, you've gone and made me jealous....

:D

Peas dude.